Friday, November 5, 2010

Family, Ocean, Peanuts and Fun! (Our Summer)


Kenney Family Temple Night
Newport Beach Temple
The last week of July Jonathan's family came to visit for the Kenney Family Reunion (his parents, sibblings, spouses, nieces & nephews, etc.).  It was a blast!  My favorite part was being in the temple on Wednesday night.  How special was that!?! 

Hotdog roasts at Corona Del Mar are always so much fun!  Next time I'll have to bring homemade graham crackers (something I have recently discovered!  Very tasty and not that hard to make!!), and chocolate!  (oh how I love chocolate!)  I loved being with the family!  How blessed we are to have such a great family! 

Jonathan and I went to the Angels game on July 31 (Mormon night at Angel's Stadium).  It was the best baseball game I have been to!  We were sitting by Sandra, Dimas, Brianna, our Bishop & his wife, tons of other members in our ward, our friend Paula, etc.  The fireworks were tons of fun too!  My only regret was that I forgot to tell Johnny what day it was...therefore, he forgot to ask for work off...therefore, he wasn't able to go.  He had been looking forward to it all summer.  Bummer!  my fault! 

On Top of the World!  (highest seats in Angel Stadium)
Whitney & Jonathan, Dimas, Sandra & Brianna Velasquez, and Loren Parker


Johnny and Whitney
Shaw's Cove dive
Laguna Beach, CA




Johnny and I are now scuba certified!  Wahoo!  We had our final dives at Catalina Island on Friday the 13th!!  It was such a blast!  We saw tons of neat looking fish and wildlife. 

On our way back to Long Beach I got sea sick (I've been on tons of motor boats, cruises, etc. and have never had a problem) and ended up loosing my lunch...and then later...lost my dessert!  Oh how the fish love me!

Dad came into town to drive with Johnny back to Utah.  Since Johnny didn't get to go to the Angels game, we got tickets to the Dodgers game (Angels weren't playing while dad was in town). 


We wore "Dodger Blue," ate "Dodger Dogs" (foot long hotdots), and had a great time!

Thanks for the memories dad!!


Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
Dad, Whitney & Jonathan
While dad was in town we also went to the Claim Jumper restaurant.  Our waitress was very serious and wouldn't even crack a smile.  Johnny took it upon himself to get her to laugh before we left the restaurant.  It was HILARIOUS!!  His clever humor and quick witt totally loosened her up.  Thanks Johnny for the laughs!



Provo Temple
Jonathan & Whitney and Mary & Jared
 It was great to see a bunch of you at Melanie Kenney's wedding the first week in August!  The sealing was beautiful and the extended family reunion was great.    


Don't we make such a cute couple!!


No comments:

Post a Comment