Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dancing With The REAL Stars! (Halloween 2010)

Jonathan and I had the BEST Halloween EVER!!  On October 22 we got to help out with the Orange County Down Syndrome Association (OCDSA) and put together a dance for the Down Syndrome Teens and their families.  The dance was at Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana.  



Jonathan and I stood by the door to welcome each of the well dressed dancers!  We dressed in camouflage (as GI Joes--Jonathan was GI "Jo"nathan).  Can you see us?!


A look at the dance foor
 The day before the dance we made some decorations at the Fullerton Institute of Religion.  It was such a blast!  We made banners, table decorations, giant spiders, etc.

We made a lot of fun friends.  Jonathan and I were "buddies" with Jake and Amanda.  They both have down syndrome, but are in many ways like ordinary teenagers.  Just like any teenager some of them were embarassed that their parents were watching them dance at the dance.





Jonathan and I agreed that they were better dancers than we were!  They weren't afraid to be themselves.  The DJ for the dance called himself "DJ Willpower."  He was a riot!  He is a boy with downsyndrome who really got everyone excited and pumped up at the dance. 




All in all, it was such a special night for the two of us.  We had such a great time dancing with the "real" stars!!  It made us appreciate how special each of Heavenly Father's children are.

No comments:

Post a Comment