Friday, November 5, 2010

Baking, Birthdays, Cramming, and Elk (Fall for the Kenneys)

In September we celebrated Jonathan's 27th birthday at Camelot.  It was a blast!  I sent out invitations that said, "It's Jonathan's Birthday.  Let's party like it's 1983!"  This picture was also on the invitation.


I made a PacMan cake to go along with the 1983 theme.  PacMan has become one of our favorite games when we play the arcade at Camelot.  Jonathan taught me how to play.  I still haven't figured out how to eat the ghosts before they eat me ;)














We had a large crowd of friends show up for the party.  We ate pizza and played games with facts from 1983 (I put one of the games below).

Here was one of the games
We had 5 prizes that we gave out for whoever came closest to guessing the right answers to the following questions:

What was the average price of a new house in 1983?  ($89,000)

What was the average price of a gallon of gas in 1983?  ($1.24)
What was the average income (single income) in 1983?  ($20,885)
What was the average cost of a gallon of milk in 1983?  ($2.24)
What is Jonathan's favorite Star Wars Character (one of the episodes came out in 1983)?  (Boba Fett)

The grand prize question was:  What is Jonathan's favorite dance move?  Demonstrate it.  (The Robot)

It was tons of fun!  The prizes were a glass with a straw that wound around it, a crayon bank, a squishy ball, etc.  The grand prize was a light up disco ball. 

The dance moves guessed were the "egyptian," "disco," "moon walk," "snake," "break dancing," etc.  It was pretty funny!













After the games everyone played lazer tag (Jonathan won...of course!  He couldn't have lost on his birthday!!)


Jonathan, Aubrey, and Aaron
Camelot Lazer Tag


All in all it was a successful birthday.  On Sunday (his actual birthday) we had a nice family dinner at our house.  Jared & Mary drove up from LA to celebrate with us.

Our neighbor Paula also had a birthday.  Her husband asked if I would make her a birthday cake.  She is a HUGE cow collector, thus I decided to make her a cow cake.  It was a big hit!


September brought with it A LOT of cramming!  I finished two of my classes for school just in time for the deadline.  I took my final exams while we were in Utah for the hunt.  Needless to say, I did very well in both classes!


















The hunt was successful too! Jonathan got two elk, a spike and a cow. These are some pictures from the hunt.  Dad Kenney, Uncle Don, Brent, Jonathan, Tyler LeBaron, and Tyler Kenney were all hunting this year.  Brent also got a cow.  Great job guys!!


Jonathan & Uncle Don



Jonathan's spike

While Jonathan was hunting I spent time with my family.  It was a blast!!  We got together for family dinner on Sunday.  Almost everyone was in town.  Alicia flew in from Connecticut for her best friend's wedding.  Jamie drove down from Idaho to do some recording with Alicia.  Tara drove up from Cedar City for dinner.  And Tiffany drove down from Logan.  Ryan, Dave & Mel and kids were also there (and Mom, Rob, and Johnny--of course!).  Tyson and Kayla showed up a little later that night with Matt (who I haven't seen since before his mission).  Going home always feels really good!  I love being with my wonderful family.


Mom and I spent a day in Provo which was really nice.  I spent a day with Grandma Hall making her famous enchiladas and rolls (thanks Grandma!).  I spent a few days with my dad.  We went and saw the movie Secretariat--very good by the way.  We went out to eat at Koyo (our favorite restaurant), and dad showed us (Johnny and me) how to make a bird house out of fiberglass and resin.  Wow!  It's a lot harder than I thought. 


Dad, Johnny, and I went out one night to find a geocache.  We took flashlights and spent about an hour hunting in the dark to find it.  We went to where we thought the coordinates were, and we didn't find it.  We decided that it had been moved.  Turns out that the coordinates we had were where the trail started and that the cache was about a mile further along the trail.  Johnny and dad found it the next day.  Daddy and I drove up Millcreek Canyon and saw the beautiful fall leaves.  Oh how I miss the mountains!!


I went to lunch with my mission comp Carly.  It was fun catching up.  While in town we also went to another companions wedding (Rachel Forsey).  Her wedding looked exactly like something from Anthropology.  It was really cute and vintage!  Congrats Rach!


I also spent some time with my Grandma Prince.  It was great to be at her home.  I helped her paint part of her basement.  She gave me a really nice watch (which I LOVE), and a few chocolate covered cherries.  Rob and mom went back on Saturday to finish the project.


Sandra, Dimas, and Brianna came into town from So. Cal.  We spent a day with them in Provo (at BYU) showing Brianna around.  Oh how I miss BYU...and did I mention...I miss the mountains!!


I don't have any pictures from the trip (Jonathan had our camera).  I'll have to have my mom send some (she took a bunch of pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment