Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Year in Review (photos & happenings from 2011)

It is a new year, and with a new year comes New Year's Resolutions.  One of mine is to become more organized.  Jonathan and I started this blog when we were engaged, but have only posted on it a handful of times.  It is my goal this year to post more regularly.

We just sent out our Valentine's Day Cards (sorry to those of you who received them after Valentine's Day).  I had them all printed out and ready to send in January (yay), but got caught up in the business of life, primary, and other organization projects...go figure ;)

Here are pictures to coincide with our Kenney Family Top 10 List:

10.  Speeding Ticket...I'm not going to post my speeding ticket, but I will post the pictures from the wedding I attended in Arizona.  My mission companion (trainer) was married in the Mesa, AZ Temple.  It was an absolutely beautiful ceremony.

Sisters Sneed, Jackson, Sanders, Halgren, and Bills

Elizabeth & Michael

Sister's Reunion :)


9.  Our first cruise together...a Harbor Cruise :)  I found a great deal through livingsocial.com.  It was a great date activity!


Newport Harbor

The Seals :)




 8.  We've become quite the home improvement team...sadly I didn't take any pictures of our recent projects.  (Hopefully we'll have more projects to follow)



7.  Road Trips... (sadly I don't have any pics from the Hall Family Reunion in Midway)

Utah for Tiff's Wedding
Utah for Graduation

Utah for St. George Marathon


Montana for Horse Back Riding/Hiking

Utah for Thanksgiving

Arizona for Elizabeth's wedding

Utah for Christmas...




...and Johnny's Court of Honor

6.  Jonathan's working on his Master's Degree at Cal State Fullerton.  I don't really have pictures for this...cause they would mostly be of him doing his homework ;)




5.  I became Primary President last July.  Here are pictures of my cute little primary kiddos!!


We took these to thank the previous Primary President, my role model (and adopted sister...lol), Kelly Juell!!

These next pictures are from a stake primary activity ("Road to Bethlehem") that I was part of last December.

We are all "guiding stars"
The stake Center looked like we were in Bethlehem
the Shepherds

the stage...yes, those are live chickens/roosters!
I nick named him "Billy!"  He was outside the doors as the kids came into the activity.  He was a very friendly goat!



4.  Jonathan and I ran a 20 mile run (19.75 miles to be exact) from the Mountains to Sea.  Sadly we didn't carry anything with us but water.  Therefore I don't have any pictures of our awesome run!



3.  I ran my first marathon in October, the St. George Marathon.  Luckily there were other people who brought cameras ;)  thanks Dennis & Kelly for capturing these moments!!

Start Line (obviously).  I'm in the pink tee and pink hat.

Finish line!  Me and Kirstin ran the whole thing together

Our Time...actually it was 5:29:15, but I stopped my watch a few seconds after we crossed the finish line.

Lisa, Heidi, Kelly, Kirstin, and Me!  We did it!!  Heidi & I wore pink in honor of a friend of mine who was diagnosed with Lupis.  I ran my marathon for Elva, and pink is her favorite color.


2.  I'm so proud of Jonathan for completing almost all of the standard works!  He is so dedicated and such a great spiritual leader in our home.  We don't have any pictures of our family scripture study.  But, here's one of the Book of Mormon ;)

One of our favorite books!   


1.  I graduated from BYU in August!!  Woo Hoo!!

Me Jumping for Joy!!
 

My family Jumping for Joy!
My Proud Husband (and family)
My Proud Parents!
Look at how high I can jump!  LOL!
And that's our year in review!

3 comments:

  1. Just got your card in the mail today! So cute! I'm so glad you have a blog, it's fun to see all these cute pictures of you guys! Man, your high jumping skills are amazing! You are so beautiful, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to see pictures to go along with your top ten. You're totally on this blogging thing! And this may be a silly question, but your Mom looks so familiar to me -- is she famous in some way? ;)

    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are blogging again!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see more. Let me know if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete